ASH has a recognised track record in the development of heritage sites including sensitive restoration and conservation projects
Historic Landscapes and Conservation Services
ASH's work in this sector has enabled us to develop a number of services which we can offer to our clients in response to the varying demands often common with projects in this sector. Our services include:
- Initial feasibility studies and costing
- Historical research
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Restoration plans
- Management plans
- Implementation of proposals
- Monitoring of management phase
Our Heritage Development Experience
Our team of environmental consultants and landscape architects have supported the restoration and development of a number of heritage sites across the UK including:
- Landscape masterplan for the Lorimer designed Formakin Estate in Renfrewshire, and preparation of a sensitive five year restoration masterplan for the grounds.
- Hopetoun House landscape management plan for the Adam/Bruce designed landscape setting of "Scotland's Finest Country House".
- Outline proposals for restoration of garden terraces in the Sauchiehall Street Conservation Area of Glasgow's Charing Cross which included a phased felling and replanting programme.
- Restoration proposals for Congleton Town Park. In addition to proposals focused on conservation and restoration of the original design concept and detail, the development plan included recommendations for restoration of more contemporary features.
- Restoration and development of Stanley Park, a Kemp design and one of the Liverpool's finest parks.
- Substantial improvements to Lewisvale Park, Musselburgh near Edinburgh including the creation of a new walled garden and aviary, two new play areas, as well as refurbishment to the entrance and the bandstand.
- Restoration and management plans for Dalzell Park, Motherwell, arrived at partly through a number of workshops held with local residents and stakeholders.
Find out more
We’re always happy to answer your questions. If you’d like to find out more about the services we can offer for your project, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 227 3388.