Over the last 10 years ASH has sucessfully gained consent for 13 hydroelectric schemes totalling a generating capacity of over 130 MW
ASH delivered environmental impact assessment (EIA) for each of these schemes and for some has been retained post consent to help discharge the conditions of consent and to ensure environmental compliance, co-ordinating environmental monitoring through the construction phase.
ASH has been retained post consent on some of these schemes to help discharge the conditions of consent and to ensure environmental compliance, co-ordinating environmental monitoring through the construction phase. This has enabled our team to further their in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key constraints and opportunities associated with the development of hydroelectric infrastructure, often within sensitive landscapes.
ASH has considerable experience in the co-ordination of EIA, particularly in the field of hydroelectric generation, undertaking in-house assessment under the topics of landscape and visual amenity, land-use and recreation and landscape planning. ASH draws upon its in-house team of landscape architects, environmental consultants and graphic technicians to carry out many aspects of the EIA process, including the production of all plans, photomontages and other graphic material.
Our Hydroelectric Generation Experience
ASH has built up a specialist in-house team of professionals with a wealth of knowledge and experience within the hydro sector who are responsible for preparing scoping reports, coordinating the environmental impact assessment process, preparing Environmental Statements and undertaking environmental monitoring and compliance on site.
ASH has gained Section 36 consent for the following hydroelectric schemes;
- Glendoe 100MW run of river / storage scheme in Inverness-shire
- Glasa 7.5MW storage scheme in Ross-shire
- Kingairloch storage scheme in the Morvern Peninsula
- Chaorach 2.5MW run-of-river scheme within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Chonais 3.5MW run-of-river scheme in Wester Ross
- Black Rock 3.5MW run of river scheme in Easter Ross
- Inverlael 3MW run of river scheme in Wester Ross
- Maldie Burn 4.5MW storage scheme in Sutherland
- Cia-aig 3MW run-of-river scheme in Lochaber
- Allt na Moine 1.95MW run-of-river scheme in Wester Ross
- Benmore 500kV run-of-river scheme within the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
We have also co-ordinated the environmental reports and assisted with gaining consent for a range of smaller non EIA hydroelectric schemes.
In addition to this, ASH has co-ordinated the EIAs for three pumped storage schemes.
Hydroelectric Generation Projects
Find out more
We’re always happy to answer your questions. If you’d like to find out more about the services we can offer for your project, you can email us on email@example.com or call 0141 227 3388.