ASH were commissioned to develop a landscape strategy design and implementation at Edinburgh Airport
As part of BAA’s commitment to creating a high quality environment at Airports, ASH has been involved with the landscape strategy design and implementation at Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports over a number of years.
Landscape and visual impact assessment
What we did
The aims and objectives of the landscape strategy were to support planning submissions and guide landscape implementation at the airport. The landscape strategy involved:
- Site survey, analysis and research of both the existing environmental constraints and landscape issues
- Visual assessment of the wider area including the existing views of the Airports and the potential visual impacts of future development out with the existing Airport boundary, on
- Reviewing the existing landscape treatment and identification of areas requiring improvement
- Review of existing and identification of possible new areas for advertising
- Preparation of outline proposals and guidelines including a palette of material (both hard and soft)
- Prioritisation and phasing of proposals
- Mechanisms to ensure that landscape works are budgeted for within the capital costs of construction projects
ASH then developed detailed landscape proposals for implementation at the airport.
Find out more
We’re always happy to answer your questions. If you’d like to find out more about the services we can offer for your project, you can email us on email@example.com or call 0141 227 3388.